Sunday, December 30, 2012

Who am I?

Who am I? I am the guardian of lost souls! I am the powerful- wait... no... wrong person. I am an artist. Collin, many call me (although I believe that is because it is written on my birth certificate). To be honest, I can not think of much to say other than I am studying Animation and Art in the hopes of being a Visual Development Artist and/or Character Designer for Walt Disney Animation Studios. I did not always have that career in mind though, although it is definitely the most specific and the one I am most determined to achieve. I previously wanted to work on conceptual art for video game designers, such as 343 or Valve, although I had just a small feeling that I was setting a course I was not really meant to sail through. After seeing Walt Disney's Wreck-it Ralph, I saw that my "true calling" was designing/developing for animation, and what better company to work for than Disney? The Kings of Animation and the Engineers of Dreams and Imagination. I still have a bit of a ways to go (my perspective needs work, my shading abilities are just starting to sprout, and I am just starting to get the hang of poses), but I see ahead of me a journey of learning, improving, and self-development that will hopefully lead me to a position as one of the great artists of Walt Disney Studios.
As a "reward" for reading my introduction (although you have probably seen it already, without reading the intro) here is a picture I made of myself if I was a Sugar Rush racer in Disney's brilliant movie, Wreck-it Ralph.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Collin! You are truly talented! Keep it up and get your name out there. Wishing you many blessings and much prosperity in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete