I was hoping I'd be getting some work done this past weekend, but I came down with a fever and wasn't able to do much, hence this might be a short update.
Been having issues with the Arduino and can't seem to get it to work, so the chances of the gun having sound have decreased. I'm doing what I can with the soundboard, but I need to go out and get a special plug for it. In the meantime, I got the lights working.
To get started, I got the basic switch and button system working. The red lights will be on while the gun is on, while the blue lights will go off when the trigger is pressed.
I decided to place a yellow light in the barrel too, so that it lights up when the trigger is pulled as well, but I wasn't sure how bright it'd be, so I did a test. You can also see that the gun has been given a coat of primer.
Thought I'd add a couple red lights to see how much brighter it'd be.
I think I'll play around with the number of lights in the barrel and how far inside they are. Meanwhile, I thought I'd see what the blue light behind the grill-like piece looks.
Really like how this is looking so far, but I wish I could get the sound working. Have started progress on the hand, this time being cleaner with the tape. Ready for a coat of latex then a coat of black paint.
Not much time left, and I still need to paint the gun, paint the glove, paint the skin pieces and put them into the sleeve, and dirty/bloody up the shirt. Lot of work ahead of me.